Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rooster Crows...

Mark 14:72
"Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times." And he broke down and wept."

I have thought about this passage today. Jesus had told Peter that he would deny him three times and Peter emphatically said "even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you". Can you just imagine Peter when he heard that rooster crow for the second time, how awful he must have felt. On top of disowning Jesus, he also knew that what Jesus had told him earlier in the day had come true. You know I hope and pray that I would never disown Jesus, but can you imagine being physically with Jesus and disowning him. That would be extreme weeping. There was nothing he could do at that point but weep. Talk about paying for your sins, I bet everytime Peter heard that loud, annoying rooster, he cringed!
PS On a lighter note, sorry if you love animals, but I could drop kick a rooster (I bet Me and Peter have this in common). I had a crazy, thought he was Boss, rooster several several years ago. That idiot chased me! Aren't you glad you heard that story... Lauren I bet you are laughing right now! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails