Monday, May 10, 2010

I AM...


Psalm 50: 9-15
  • "I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens,
    for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills.
    I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine.
    If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
    Do I eat the flesh of bulls or drink the blood of goats?
    Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High,
    and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."


You know I have been thinking about this chapter today. As I read through the Old Testament, literally, thousands of animals are sacrificed as an offering to God. I always ponder and even marvel at the mention of the number of animals that are sacrificed. Today the chapter that I read in II Chronicles 29: 33-34 clearly goes along with Psalm 50 that I read afterwards. Here is the verse in II Chronicles, "The number of burnt offerings the assembly brought was seventy bulls, a hundred rams and two hundred male lambs—all of them for burnt offerings to the LORD. The animals consecrated as sacrifices amounted to six hundred bulls and three thousand sheep and goats." Can you imagine?

Okay, so we get off the numbers now, do you find it a coincidence that I was reading II Chronicles and then Psalm 50? My mother is laughing now, thinking here she goes again with her signs. But really, hmmmm... When I first read Psalm 50, my first thought was, God sure is arrogant, but then I thought, omg, he is everything, he knows everything, he does not need us for anything. He is the Judge and the Jury. He is the great "I AM"... He is Lord of all, he is the ruler of all things, everything in Heaven and Earth is His, he is exalted as head over all.

You know all God wants for us, is to be obedient and to love the Lord our God wholeheartedly, and to do what is right in the eyes of God. No matter what we do, how we mess up, all we have to do is seek Him and we WILL find him. He listens to us, he hears us. Notice the last part of the verse above, "you will honor me". One day everyone will. If you read the end of Psalm 50, it states "Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with none to rescue."

I am not sure I make sense at all to anyone but myself, but you have got to go read Psalm 50. God is just so powerful, He ... IS ... GOD !

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails