Friday, May 7, 2010

Do the work...


You know somedays I am just so positively overwhelmed ... that is with reading the Bible. I know I keep talking about I Chronicles 28-29...but it has so touched my heart. King David was not chosen to build the temple for the ark of the Lord, the "palatial structure" meaning, a palace, or magnificent. Solomon his son, was chosen and he was inexperienced, and what a monumental task, BUT, "the palatial structure is not for man but for the Lord God". Wow! Several times in these verses David tells his son, Solomon, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work, Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished." And in another verse David tells his son, Solomon, "acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. Consider now, for the Lord has chosen you to build a temple as a sanctuary. Be STRONG and DO the work."
As I read these verses, and I could go on an on...but I think of my mother and father. How many times, have I been discouraged and they tell me to not be discouraged, and in a nutshell, be strong and DO the Work! They have taught me to TRUST in God for everything comes from God, he owns it all, we are the tenants and we only manage what God has given us! Verse 17: " I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent".


I just want to say in my blog today, that I love "my" God. I truly hope and pray that my heart will continually trust and remember everything that I have comes from Him. I pray that being so inexperienced in so many areas, that I just live by faith, and "Do the work".


My heart is thankful today. I am so thankful for everything that God has given me. God has blessed me with a wonderful business, great business associates and I have the most wonderful parents, husband, a beautiful daughter and the most animated, precious grandboy. I am blessed beyond measure.

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me..with your faith..and with your outlook on life..how you bless your father and I each day as we read your blog..when our failures as parents pile up..we find great solace in knowing you love and care for us ..it is something you choose to do.therefore God is going to bless you in many ways..He can do anything you know!! GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was very special today. I love you very much. Your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what, I love you and mother more! More than Chocolate! Lorri L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Lorri - your blog is such a blessing to those of us who read your ponderings...and your insight of scripture...how we all can apply it to our lives. So glad you love your mama & daddy and appreciate their influence on your life - and TELL them so. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails