Saturday, May 29, 2010

Guess What?...


Nehemiah 1:8-11 Nehemiah's Prayer
"Remember the instruction you gave your servant Moses, saying, 'If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations, but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizon, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my Name.'
"They are your servants and your people, whom you redeemed by your great strength and your mighty hand. O Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man."
You know, I do not know about the rest of you , but I fail miserably when it comes to keeping God first in everything. I want to and I try to, but I fail. I get so busy and preoccupied with LIFE, that I just get negligent in my prayer life and bible study. I started the book of Nehemiah yesterday, and if there is anything I have learned in reading the Old Testament is that people turn from God, then they pray and guess what happens? God hears you, he does not turn from you. I LOVE James 4:8,
"Come near to God and he will come near to you."

Aren't we so glad that if we fail, we know that we can always come back and God is ALWAYS there for us!
Speaking of "Guess What", I have taught Layton when I say "Guess What", he knows to say "I love you". I tell him over and over that I love him. I bet God feels the same way about us!
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails