If you ever wonder why we are compared to sheep in the Bible, just read the characterics of sheep below. Sounds like us, huh?
I read this, this morning, "Be content to be simple sheep, listening to my voice and following me".
"My sheep listen to my voice; I KNOW them, and they follow me".
I am sure glad "my" God knows me! If he does not know you, all you have to do is:
make him the BASE (click on Base to read older post) of your life,
S-Switch from your old ways
E-Express to others
Characteristics of Sheep
1. timid, fearful, easily panicked
2. dumb stupid, gullible
3. very vulnerable to fear, frustration, pests, hunger
4. easily influenced by a leader, by the shepherd
5. stampede easily, vulnerable to mob psychology
6. little or no means of self-defense; can only run
7. easily killed by enemies
8. the shepherd is most effective, calming influence
9. jealous, competitive for dominance
10. constantly need fresh water, fresh pasture
11. have very little discernment in choosing food or water
12. best water source is early morning dew
13. perverse, stubborn - will insist on their own way , even eating poisonous
plants or drinking dirty water
14. easily "cast" - flipped over on their back, unable to right themselves
will die of starvation if not turned over by shepherd; helpless
15. frequently look for easy places to rest
16. don't like to be sheared, cleaned
17. too much wool can cause sheep to be easily "cast"
18. creatures of habit; get into "ruts"
19. need the most care of all livestock
20. need to be "on the move"; need a pre-determined plan, pattern of grazing
21. totally dependent of shepherd for every need
22. need "rod and staff" guidance
Now you know the rest of the story, lol, why we are compared to "sheep".... :)