Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Commit...and serve...


I Samuel 7:3-4


"And Samuel said to the whole house of Israel, "If you are returning to the LORD with all your hearts, then rid yourselves of the foreign gods and the Ashtoreths and commit yourselves to the LORD and serve him only, and he will deliver you out of the hand of the Philistines." So the Israelites put away their Baals and Ashtoreths, and served the LORD only.


You know, I am reading through the Old Testament-IF there is anything that stands out to me, it is, that "people" turn their backs on God and after a TIME, they either turn from their ways and worship only God, or he destroys them all. I liken the word destroy to "Smitten". That is what God can and will do!


At this time in our nation, it seems like people only stray further from God. I just have to wonder what HIS time table is? What a patient God we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails