Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Version of Taco Soup...


A friend of mine, Lisa Ace, made another version of the popular Taco Soup. It was so good, I really think I may like this one better than my old one. And, I just believe adding fresh cilantro when serving, makes the flavor "pop". Mmmmm...

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 can black beans
1 can northern beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn (I used Mexi-corn)
1 can (14.5 oz) Rotel tomatoes, diced
1 can (14.5oz) stewed tomatoes
1 onion
1 cup water

Brown meat with onion. Drain excess fat. Add taco mix and ranch dressing mix. Mix well. Drain and rinse canned beans: add to meat mixture. Add corn, Rotel tomatoes and stewed tomatoes plus 1 coup of water (I used 2 cups). Bring to a boil and serve.

Garnish with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese and avocados, if desired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails