Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicken Salad...


The very Best Chicken Salad


A good friend of mine, Carol, gave me this recipe, a long time ago. I cannot even remember the amounts she gave me. I normally just dump, but I have tried to measure in order to give you this recipe.


My disclaimer:
I may add more or less of each ingredient. :)


(1) Pkg Frozen Chicken Breast-around 12 small. (4 1/2 cups chopped)
2 cups chopped celery, very fine
2 cups purple grapes, halved
2 cups chopped pecans
(1) Bottle Brianna's Homestyle Poppy Seed Dressing
Boil chicken, cool and chop. In a large mixing bowl, add celery, grapes and pecans. Pour about 1/2- 3/4 bottle of Poppy Seed Dressing, mix and chill.
You may want to add more dressing after chilling. This recipe is great to make the day before.




PS If you want to make Gluten Free-use Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Poppy Seed Dressing. It is a wonderful dressing. It is also fat free. I normally, use half Brianna's and 1/2 Maple Grove Farms.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Lorri. I have been wanting to get it from you. And especially - thanks for the gluten free tip. I will definitely make it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails