Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Marshmallow Mermaid Pie

If you are wondering where this came from, well, okay, I love to bake, and I love the movie, "The Waitress" starring Keri Russell. Last Saturday, Lauren sent me a text , "have you seen The Waitress?", and at that same time I was watching this movie. During the whole movie, all I wanted to do was make a Pie....and name it! I am so twisted.
If you have never seen the movie, you need to go and rent it. The main character works as a waitress, duh, and is in a dysfunctional/abusive marriage. She finds out she is pregnant, and she believes this is the worst thing that can happen to her. She just wants to run away and bake pies.
She has all sorts of names for pies. A few of her pie names are, "Marshmallow Mermaid Pie", "Fallin in Love Chocolate Mousse Pie", "I don't want Earl's Baby Pie", "Baby Screamin' Its Head Off In The Middle of the Night & Ruinin' My Life Pie" and "I Can't Have No Affair Because It's Wrong & I Don't Want Earl to Kill Me Pie".....ha! So hilarious.
But, at the end of the movie, she has this baby girl. And, this baby girl changes her life. She leaves Earl, and she and baby girl open up a pie shop. They live Happily Ever After.......
Which leads me to this: Lauren, my baby girl, now a grown woman, changed my life forever when she was born. You have taken my love for baking and you still love marshmallows. YUM! You are a delight to me. The following is the song that she sings to her baby girl and here I sing it to you,
"Baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. Baby don't be blue, gonna make for you, gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle. Gonna make a pie from heaven above, gonna be filled with strawberry love. Baby don't you cry, gonna make a pie, and hold you forever in the middle of my heart. " ****Momma****

4 comments:

  1. I love reading blogs! Your layout is adorable!! And oh my gosh how cute is Layton!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Wood FritzMay 6, 2009 at 9:52 PM

    aww :) that sounds so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Wood FritzMay 17, 2009 at 5:26 PM

    this one made me cry:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails