Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberries and Crust...

My grandmother made "Strawberries and Crust". This is my all time favorite.


You just dump and mix,


Strawberries, washed, sliced and mashed.

Lots of sugar, I mean lots, 1 cup or more. Sweet, sweet...must be sugary sweet. You will know by tasting. My mouth is watering.

Throw in baked pie crust, chop up in bite size pieces and mix.

Serve with whip cream or just plain.


***I prefer homemade pie crust, I am not a fan of store bought, but I suppose you could use.


Crust

1/2 cup shortening

1/2 t salt

1 1/2 cups flour

4-5 T cold cold water

Cut in shortening with dry ingredients, add water, mix with a fork until it looks like small peas.

Flour cutting board, roll out dough. Cut in strips or big squares. Bake at 450 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Till light brown.


No calories or fat... lol...


The next time I have this, I will take a picture of the finished product... I hope it is not long, right mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails