Monday, July 18, 2011

The Least of These...







This is a close cousin of mine, please prayerfully read... ( I have copied his letter to our family, of course, with his permission).


Dear Wood Family and Friends,
As some of you know, over the last several months I have felt led to make a change in
my life. To leave the life in which I have become comfortable and venture out to seek
the will of the Lord across the world. The idea of leaving the place that I have loved
and lived (my whole life) is both exciting and, at times, intimidating. I cannot help but
be flooded with memories every time I think of each one of you. I know, however, that
God Himself has a divine purpose for my life at this time, and that purpose, is missions.
Specifically missions in Africa! God has laid on my heart the people of Africa and the
adversity they have experienced and continue to suffer through-- for something as
simple as a drink of water.
The missions group I will be traveling with is called Seeds of Hope International
Partnerships (SHIP or SoHIP). Seeds of Hope is a mission’s organization that partners
with different individuals, churches, and organizations internationally to train and equip
those in need, using community development ideas based on biblical principles. They
equip them to not only survive in their surroundings, but train them to flourish and also
pass this life-saving knowledge to others in need. But more importantly than all of this,
they teach about the love of God and the sacrifice that Jesus made for us to live
eternally. This Fall, I will be travelling to Zambia, Africa for three months, making use of
the experience and enrichment that I have gained through my studies and work here in
the states as an engineer, to help in developing the SoHIP water well drilling program.
A staggering statistic I recently read stated that as much as 50% of the infant and
maternal mortality rate in rural Zambia can be attributed to waterborne illnesses. Very
sad numbers, but there is hope! With the work Christ is doing through SHIP, more and
more people are gaining access to clean drinking water every day, and you can help!
I would like to invite you to partner with me in advancing the kingdom of God in
Zambia. I ask that you keep the team and me in your prayers while I am away. Please
pray for our safety, good health, and for the Lord’s favor in Africa. In order for me to
go to Zambia, I need financial support as well. I am working on some projects to
support myself, but am also in need of additional support. I would be blessed by
anything that you could contribute, if you are in a place to do so.
Please prayerfully consider supporting me financially. Seeds of Hope International
Partnerships is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization (Federal Tax ID # 26-3460983)
and your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. To support me,
please make checks out to “Seeds of Hope International Partnerships” with the code
“VolCW2011” in the memo and mail them to:
Seeds of Hope International Partnerships
1023 Nipomo St, Ste 110
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401-3882

You can also donate through the SHIP website at sohip.webconnex.com/generalgive
by selecting the “volunteer travel” option in the “use my gift for” section and
typing “VolCW2011” into the comments box.
Thank you for all your support, for without it I wouldn’t be able to make it. If you have
any questions or would like any more information about my trip please give me a call at
903-360-1706, or email me at caw1634@gmail.com. You can also follow me on
my blog as I prepare to go at www.sayafricablog.com.
God be with you all,
Chase Wood
"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones
because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his
reward." - Matthew 10:42

I have linked his blog to mine on the right side of my blog page :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails