Sunday, July 31, 2011

Love trumphs Law...


I am reading the book of Leviticus again in the Bible.  To say the least, it is a hard read.  The more I read, the more I realize how hard it must have been to keep the law in those days.  I wonder to myself how the Priest could even sort through all the people?  How did they eat everything that was sacrificed?  What did they do with all the unclean people, when the priest declared them unclean? The chapter I am reading now is about infectious skin spots, how, when, why, where, what it looked like, gosh, it is exhausting.  I am so grateful that Jesus came to this earth, was born, died and rose again.  I am so glad we do not live by the laws in the Old Testament.  God gave each of us the "decision" of believing in his son, or to not believe. We have a Choice to make, how ingenious God is, he did not want us to be robots, but he wants us to Choose Him! He loves us more than we can ever love anything!  How simple that is, but how hard it is - with that said, the hard part is giving up one's self desires and following Jesus.  I soooo do believe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails