Thursday, March 10, 2011

What have you done?...


I started over again in Genesis just a couple of days ago.
I am only on chapter 4 of Genesis, and you know what God has said "two" times already?


"What have you done?"


Genesis 3 God said to Adam and Eve, "Where are you?" they hid because they were naked, they disobeyed and ate of the tree that God told them not to eat! He said "What is this you have done?"
Genesis 4 God said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?", Cain said, " I don't know", when he knew he had just killed him. God said to Cain, What have you done?
I do not know how many years accounts for Genesis 1-4, but good grief, his creation lied to him.

I feel like I have been asked this before from God, not just once but several. I can confess my sins, but guess what? I still reap the consequences. Adam and Eve were the first to endure the consequences of sin, land was cursed, and pain in childbirth. I surely know that is right :) But, also, Cain, endured hardship and says "my punishment is more than I can bear."

My final thought when reading just these four chapters is that, Adam, Eve and Cain, all three could not bear being hidden from God's presence. In fact, God placed a cherubim with flaming swords guarding the way to the tree of life. Can you just imagine that scene, Adam and Eve leaving the most perfect place on Earth. What punishment that was. But also, Cain thought he would be a restless wanderer and whoever finds me will kill me, but God said, "not so". God loves us so much. He loved Cain so much that he said whoever hurt him would be paid seven times.

I believe the worst thing that I can imagine, would be God driving me from his presence. One day every knee will bow and confess that he is Lord.


Final sentence of Genesis 4: "At that time people began to call on the name of the LORD. " Very interesting to me...they felt the need to Pray!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Lorri - insightful - thought provoking. Thank you for sharing.

    And - love the pictures of Layton with your sign. Great advertising!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails