Thursday, March 17, 2011

Promise # 1 - Do not Fear...

One of my partners, Donna, a very good friend and mentor, brought me Cd's to listen to from James MacDonald. She raves about them. Mind you, I am not one to listen to Cd's, but today, I had to drive to Chandler, a good hour trip, to check out a new listing. I put my phone down and popped in the first cd and now ~ I am hooked.
The phrase, he kept repeating over and over was,
"Walk by faith while waiting for HIM to work."
First Promise ~ Do not Fear, Deuteronomy 31:6 Claim this promise~
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
One thing that really struck me, was James saying (me paraphrasing) ,
If you knew Jesus was in the next room from you, on his knees, arms spread open with nail pierced hands, praying just for you, wouldn't you have no fear? Well, he is. He is constantly interceding for you before the Father. He is saying, give her patience, help her do the right thing, help her be strong, help her, - etc etc etc... Can you imagine how you would feel? I would have more of a bounce in my step, talk about confidence!
Wow, that was a moment for me! Even though I know I am never alone, I have never pictured it this way. "He will never leave me or forsake me." No matter the circumstance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails