Sunday, March 20, 2011

Promise # 2 - Do not DOUBT...


I am on my #2 cd with James MacDonald, I am coming to you with the truths that hit me!


"Do not DOUBT"
* Doubt is the soil that fear grows in.
* Doubt is the direct result of taking your eyes off the Lord.


Proverbs 3: 5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."


Do I truly "trust" in the Lord with all my heart... even if I "think" I can fix a problem, even if I "think" I know how to handle a situation, I must remember that God commands me to NOT lean on my own understanding. Bring it to him, acknowledge him, and guess what? He will "pave the way" for me. Not that everything in my life will be perfect, but God makes a way for me to make it. James went on to ask the audience, "are there things in the future, that you worry about?, financial security, college for kids, family"... We have to remember that God is "sovereign". God is God, he is in complete control. I have future concerns myself, just like everyone, but if I truly trust the Lord with all my heart, acknowledge him, he will make a way for me. I do my part, and God does his part. Walk in faith, while waiting for God to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails