Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Promise # 3 - Do not DESPAIR...


I will not Despair, God is Good. God promises,

Despair, once you go there, you often do not come back. Despair, to lose hope, to lose a positive expectation. Three things that define or bring on DESPAIR,

1. Surprise- you didn't know it was coming.
2. Severe- this situation or thing is very severe.
3. Settled- it is over, it is final.

Psalm 27: 13 "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. " Confident, surely, with confidence, I will SEE, I will SEE the GOODNESS of the Lord while I live.
Now that is a promise!!!!!!

I, personally, have been to the brink of Despair not once but several. My faith in God, IS the only reason, I did not sink to despair. God promises that I will "SEE" the goodness of the LORD while I live. I have seen his goodness,...I am a living example of what God's goodness brings and I wait expectantly to see his work while I wait patiently.
On a final note,
If God allowed it to happen, he is going to use it for the good. A great example James gave was a Master chess player. Picture God as the Master player. It does not matter how we move, he has the next move, and it is a move that is for our good. God is NOT the cause of bad things in our life, he has our interest, our good, first and foremost. We may not be able to see it right now, but God is in control. God is God, why? Because he is GOD!


Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Key words - for those who love him... not for everyone for but for those that love him! Wow, now that is a promise. I am truly blessed...

1 comment:

  1. Lorri - I am so enjoying your comments on James McDonald's Always True. I heard some of the broadcasts in that series on the radio. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails