Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010...

These are my grandparents, Duke and June Wood, (my mother's parents). They are in Heaven now, but during their lifetime, they raised "10" children. As long as I can remember, we have all been together on Christmas Eve afternoon. "10" children birth alot of offspring... So, today, for the first time, Jason and I hosted the event.

Jason and I before everyone arrived! :)

The Wood family, I believe "52" of us... I gathered all in the garage for a pic.
Not in any order, but below is everyone that came, and if I forgot your name, tell me ! :)
Wendy, John, Blake, Hannah, Kelly, Kelsey, Courtney, Cash Michael, Larry, Terry, Lorri, Jason, Lauren, Lance Sr., Kim, Lance Jr., Ashley, Luke, Taylor, Lain, Lynn, Derrall, Robin, Jill, Mason, Sam, Laura Leigh, Lelia, Jim, Casey, Stella, Connor, Caleb, Corrie, Tom, Ruthye, Hugh, Jenna-Wade, Duke, Jennie, Michelle, Billy, Cody, Kace, Kelly, Laura, Andy, Connie, Brooke, Chase, Chance, and Chandler.



Since Forever, we have had a Pinata for the children on Christmas Eve. My Aunt Lynn makes the Pinata each year and fills it with candy. The Pinata gets stronger and stronger each year. Look at this "blue bird"... Surely bird! We start at the youngest and go by age until the Pinata is broken. There were so many pictures, so this is the beginning...

I am "48" and it made it to me...
It made it all the way to my mother and she is the "matriarch", the oldest now. She hit that bird till it burst! Way to go mother!

Gathering Candy!

What a fun day! My dad read the Christmas Story, and I cherish these times. Everyone remember, "You are the reason for the Season". John 3:16, "For God so loved this world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life".
Merry Christmas y'all,
I love each and everyone of you!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Lorri! You were right. That picture is awesome. Love the piƱata pics! Thank you Lorri and Jason for a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails