Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jumped Right off the page...


Today's verse, Hebrews 10:23
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Okay, I got it...two times this morning, the title of the page I was reading said "Trust me and refuse to Worry", and "Trust God with the future". Both of them struck me at once. I have been anxious about future events in my life and I do not want to worry or think about the future. I prayed God would lead me and give me a peace. Well, here you go.

John 14:1
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."


Let me remind you that I do not randomly open the Bible each day and read. I have a study pattern, so I really believe when I came across both of these passages, God was speaking directly to me.


I feel sometimes I am talking to myself on the Internet, so bare with me. I never invisioned when I began blogging that I would be writing post about my daily devotional time. I just believe I am led to share my life, not only fun, family, work, frustration, but God's salvation and the peace and joy that I have through him. Surely,

1 comment:

  1. Lorri - I think many, many people find encouragement from scripture you reference - and what it means to you in a very personal and practical way. I know I do. Thank you for blogging!

    And - love Layton's little head - and the Kindle - too cool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails