Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just for me...




I am writing this post more for myself than anything. Yesterday, was a challenging day to say the least without going into details. I woke up this morning, positioned myself in my comfy chair and prayed God would speak to me, just me. (by the way, as I am writing this, these words were deleted once, by I don't know what, maybe the devil, I am sure he does not like what I am writing now). I normally read three devotionals that I just love and then read through chapters in the Bible. As I read each devotional, just look what I scribbled down from each one.



First one, Fret Not, Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret"

Second one, Trust ME, I am taking care of you, Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;"

Psalm 20:4 "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. "



Third one, Our Shield, Proverbs 30:5 " Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

And fourth, All I need is God! Matthew 4:4 "Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God."

Now I would say, God was definitely speaking to me today. I pray for peace, I pray that God will let me memorize and be able to quote his words all through the day to stand against the devil. I love you God, and I give my life to you. You are my King!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Surely, Goodness and Mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. For I know the plans I have for you, to prosper you and not harm you, to give you hope and a future. Amen!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Lorri! We read some of the same devotionals today. Thank you for sharing your message from God to you today. It is uplifting and it is a wonderful blessing to me. Keep on blogging girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorri..what can i say..your comments bring such joy to me that i forget the areas of sadness...i LOVE my beautiful daughter!..GG

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'my girl. In a rodeo of life analogy some get bucked off some get pitched off some don't even get up and try again. But my girl get's thrown down stomped on then get's up and try's again ,pitched off gets up rides again and again and again keeps on trying till she gets the eight second buzzer. She's a real winner. She's a champain in my book. Hey, thats my daughter. I love you.....Dad

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails