Friday, October 19, 2012

Job...offered or not offered...


I began reading Job this week.  My whole life, I guess I was always under the impression that Satan came to God and sought out Job himself.  Nope... you know what?  Look what the Lord said to Satan,
 
Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
 
But even before God told Satan about Job, Satan was roaming back and forth, back and forth, through the Earth.  That is so scarey to me.  Roaming, looking, enticing, laughing, scheming... against us, believers.  But, God knew Job, God knew Job was upright. 
 
Guess what else Satan knew about Job...he thought God had him so protected, hedged in, shielded from harm, that he didn't bother with Job.  God offered Job to Satan. Satan thinks he is so smart. As if he could ever win against God.  Don't you think Satan thinks a little about how big God is?  I do!  But his pride, gets him and he continues in his pursuit.
 
Alot happens in the book of Job, but in the end, God won, Job was blessed.    Lesson, if in the midst of everything going wrong, what if I, what if you, remember that God allows everything that happens to us.  It is faith in the one and only, almighty God, that can protect us!

Surely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails