Monday, February 7, 2011

Lay it ALL down...

I am still reading the book by Anne Graham Lotz, "The Magnificent Obsession".  In a nutshell, Abraham's magnificent obsession with God, his faith...he knew God as his friend.


I came across a paragraph tonight, that struck straight to my heart.  Mind you, this part of the book is talking about when Abraham was told by God to sacrifice his son,  Isaac.  Hence, the picture.
She writes talking about her son, "God commanded me to lay him down on the altar of sacrafice.  Unlike Abraham, I wrestled mightly with the painful command.  Finally, God seemed to whisper in my heart, Anne, are you trying to protect your son from ME?  What do you think you can do better for him than I can?"


Wow, talking about hit me in the face... is this so true, what am I holding onto in my life, that I cannot surrender?  It is easy to say... I surrender all... Have I really surrendered all?  Do I trust God enough?  Do I have faith and commitment like Abraham?  "If you want to receive the fullness of His blessing, you must lay it all down.  Lay it down!".

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails