Thursday, November 4, 2010

Humble...


Today's verse, I Chronicles 4: 9-10


"Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I gave birth to him in pain.”
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel,
“Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!
Let your hand be with me,
and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.”
And God granted his request."


Over and over in the Bible, people prayed, God Listened, God answers prayers.

BUT Wait, read this verse from Daniel 10:12


"Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them.


God hears us before we even voice the prayer! If we humble ourselves before God! Sometimes I am just overwhelmed when I put the verses together that I have read in the morning...I email myself on my Blackberry as I read a verse that speaks to me. Look at how these verses relate to each other....take note, God comes in response, it doesn't say he came in response. God is presently with us, not past tense! This should definitely, give you a warm and fuzzy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails