Sunday, July 18, 2010

Never alone...


I read Psalm 118 this morning, not knowing that I would hear Bro David preach about "Don't stop praying, when God is silent". I had just been thinking about how I pray and pray and pray, and it seems there is no answer. Of course, I know, that no answer probably means, "NO not now, or maybe it means later or maybe it just means NO". But no matter the answer, I know God is with me.



Psalm 118: 6

The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid...


I know God is with me, and I know God answers prayer, and I know I should have faith and continue my bible study and prayer. I know that consistency works, I know that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I AM going to continue praying for the people I love the most and need my God.

I could not help but think about me as a mother in relation to this verse. My child goes through hard situations, and I cannot make circumstances change or make them easy. BUT, I am with her all the time, I am with her through everything, I am with her when she laughs and when she cries, I am with her no matter what. If I feel this way about her, what must God, the creator of all things, feel about me. We are never alone even if the answer is NO. Ponder this one!

2 comments:

  1. So good Lorri! I love your analogy about your child - and being a child of God. I think we all can make the same comparison. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post and i love those bears!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails