Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tears are good...

I read this yesterday, "It means praying through the tears, until we can say, "not what I will, but what YOU will".
Have you ever been in a life crisis? Well, if you have not, consider yourself lucky. I have been in several of them, but one I can remember changed my life, and is the reason I am where I am today. You come to a point, that the tears come and all you can do is pray. At first all you can pray is "God please", do this or that, but then you come to a point where you can say "God I give you this situation and your will be done". I can remember daily "praying through the tears", in fact it was over a period of years. I am closer to God today and thank Him for this period in my life. But you know, I am thinking now as I write this post, it does not take a life crisis to bring on the "praying through the tears". I literally "pray through my tears" on a consistent basis. I have people that I pray for daily and that I have committed to God because I know He hears me. It is hard to tell God, not my will but your will. I find when I pray for HIS will only, that I am comforted in knowing that I have relinquished all control. The end result is what HE desires and is always in my best interest. Read below this verse, Jesus cried also! He "prayed through his tears".
Hebrews 5:7
During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

1 comment:

  1. Lorri - I read the same devotional from the book you gave me. I love it - thank you. Your post is so true - for so many of us - who have prayed through the tears and come out on the other side - closer to the Lord - and better for it.

    Love the picture of Layton. I saw it on Lauren's blog too. His sleepy eyes and rumpled hair are so cute - and his little feet - sitting cross legged - aren't they just so precious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails