Monday, June 21, 2010

The loving truth...


I thought this picture was funny, it got your attention, didn't it? :)
I read an article by Charles Stanley tonight. He was talking about his mother when he was a young boy. She could either get right to the point when asking him where he had been, or he said she had a very quiet, loving way of getting straight to the truth. She would say - "Tell me what you want me to know."
This is so true in life, work, family and our relationship with God. God does not "whip" the truth out of us. He already knows. He wants us to tell him. I just think I will be using this on my kids, grandkids, Jason and probably my parents. Yes, I said my parents. (they conspire against me at times) :)...
I have read this several times this week in Proverbs 20:10, 17 & 23
"Differing weights and differing measures-the LORD detests them both."
"Food gained by fraud tastes sweet to a man, but he ends up with a mouth full of gravel."
"The LORD detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please him."
These verses must be real important, same chapter... honesty, truth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails