Saturday, June 12, 2010

No fear of Foxes...


Luke 13: 31-32 and 35

"At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, "Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you." He replied, "Go tell that fox, I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal."



I love reading the words Jesus spoke...Herod is compared to a fox? Wouldn't you like to hear Jesus say this? I tend to invision Jesus as always speaking happy, blessed words, but he can get right to the Point! He was not intimidated, he took a stand and he did exactly as he planned. I am sure Jesus was firm, strong and people listened to Him. A little about foxes, they are sly, they are not picky eaters and their homes are dens tucked away in rock crevices. Doesn't this paint the perfect picture describing men like Herod. Always seeking to destroy. Herod wanted to kill Jesus, but guess what, he is Alive!

The last verse in this chapter is: " I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord." Once again, ALL will proclaim that God is the One and Only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails