Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Believe and Tell NOT show and tell...


Luke 9:41

"O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you and put up with you? Bring your son here."


In reading the Book of Luke, I think if there is anything that I am learning, is that when Jesus is healing, there are always those that do not believe. I wonder when Jesus said this "how long shall I stay with you and put up with you?", what his tone was? Did he raise an eyebrow :) Jesus was doing miracles openly for people to see and they still did not believe. You know even in writing this blog post, I am thinking, wow, what it must have been like to see miracles first hand. The blind receiving sight, evil spirits cast out, fever's taken away...then right now I am thinking to myself, oh my, we have just as many miracles right now, everyday! Do we honestly think that our lives are the way we are because we make them this way. My belief in God, my faith in God, my prayers to God, my giving of my life to God, doing what is "right and just and fair", that is and should be our response to God. Over and over I read in the Bible, about believing, believing is a core "belief".
John 3:16, "whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life".
At the end of these miracles, you know what I noted? They were all amazed, and they went and told everyone they knew what they had seen. Do we do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails