Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Unworthy...


"Jesus said of John that “ . . . among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist” (Matthew 11:11). That could really puff him up and make him think he was pretty great. But John thought of himself as not even worthy to untie Jesus’ shoes. John didn’t say this in false modesty or humility, he just expressed an accurate assessment of who he was in relation to Christ. He was nothing, and Jesus was everything. We need this perspective as well. Especially when we are about to launch into what’s wrong with somebody else. We’re all pretty worthless compared to Christ. This changes how we approach any truth-telling conversation."
by, Hayden Norris - Senior Pastor - Harvest Gainesville, Florida

I read the above quote from a blog this morning.  I had been pondering about, the more I learn about God and his magnificence, his un-wavering love, the more I feel unworthy...  The more I realize that my "good deeds" are alot of the times "self" imposed.  I don't remember thinking this several years ago.  I think the more I read the Bible,  and pray, the closer I feel to God and him talking to me in everything I do.  Unworthy, yes... forgiven, yes...
I wrote in my Bible, my statement of faith, Jesus is the ONLY way...

Have a fun day y'all...
If you want me to pray for you, just comment below! :)

Surely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails