Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Patience...again...

I constantly deal with "Patience".
New Verse,
James 5:16
"The prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective."

Reminded again in James, paraphrased by me...

Layton and I sowed a few bell pepper seeds a couple of weeks ago in a flower container on my porch.  When we were watering plants the other day, I saw tiny leaves popping through the soil, I yelled to Layton, and he ran to see them.  He knows last year they grew red and green peppers.  But, guess what?  it takes time and patience, you have to carefully water and take care of the seeds, and in time, they produce.  This reminded me so much of of my prayers.  I may not see the answers to my prayers, but I know  (faith)  God hears these prayers, and in time, there will be answers.  Maybe the answer will be NO, maybe or Yes...

You know all the time that I water these little seeds, there is not a doubt in my mind that they will grow.  I suppose you can say that is "faith", huh?  So, why should my prayers be any different!

"The prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective."

If you doubt this, I say, read the Bible.  Over and over and over again, prayers are answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails