Monday, April 16, 2012

Not what we know, but who we know!

I was listening to the radio this morning, and I am not even sure who the man was, but he gave an analogy  of contentment  -

New car, new car smell, new car - no stains on the seats or carpet.  We love buying and driving a new car.  We are happy, we think this new car will make us happy - for, evvv errrr... NOT...
The car ages, the car gets dirty, the car gets stains... what we knew as "new", got old...

I started thinking, this is so true... The only thing in my life that satisfies...the only thing in my life that I constantly crave, is Jesus.  The only thing in  my life that does not grow old is Jesus.   I find myself talking all day to him, in spurts, in words, in sentences, in thoughts.  I find myself thanking Him when I wake up, in the middle of the night, I can't wait to read my Bible in the mornings.  I constantly am aware of His presence, and I am constanstly reminded all day of the way He moves in my life.  No coincidences.  All Him.

So, everything else in our lives, can, in no way, satisfy or give us contentment.  Only Jesus!  I am 49 years old.  I have been saved since I was 14.  I wish I had given my all to Him when I was younger.  I can truthfully say, that when I began daily reading my Bible and praying, that my life changed. 

I am consumed!  So, it is not what we know, but who we know!  Jesus!

Surely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails