Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Impatiens...




I took this close up pic of my "impatiens"...
Why are they called "impatiens" (yes this is the correct spelling)...
"Impatiens flowers take their name from the Latin, impatiens, "impatient." They are so called because their ripe seed pods will sometimes burst open from even a light touch (as if they were "impatient" to open). "

This name reminds me of the verse in the Bible,
James 1:19
" Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Are you just like an "impatien"?  easily bothered, feelings on your shoulders? I do know other's that the slightest inconvenience sends them over the edge.  As my sign states in my office,
"Keep calm, and carry on!"
I try to always remember to keep my attitude below the ones' I come in contact with.  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails