Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Overflowing H.O.P.E...


I saw this pic while surfing the web.  I believe it makes me happy... I love the colors, and I love the happiness it represents.  Everyone loves a party, parties are happy!

So, where am I going with this?  I had a bad dream last night, in fact, a dream that involves my family, a situation that cannot be healed without God.  Frankly, it seems hopeless.   As I was reading Romans this morning, these two verses stayed with me all day.  I pondered,

Romans 15:4
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope."
Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. "

So, another words, I must not give up praying for this impossible situation.  The Bibile teaches me from past experiences.  I must trust in God, in everything, and in doing so, I will be filled with Joy and Peace.  Guess what that produces?  Hope..  We all need Hope!

But wait, "overflow with Hope"?  I want that!  When I think of overflow, I think of water.  Have you ever had your bathtub overflow?  Yea, you know what happens?  Water  spills over the side, it spreads, it touches everything that it comes in contact with.  Yea, that is the Hope I want.  My hope may encourage others.  Overflowing Hope...  yea that is good.   So, today, I choose to trust, I am back on track, I know God is in control.  Each time my mind travelled back to that dream, that situation, I actually had peace.  I will remain hopeful.

Remember the song, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart, I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart, down in my heart to stay".  (you sang it right? :),  just singing that makes you happy, right?  Do you have Joy?

Coincidently, (if you know me, you know I do not believe in coincidences),
Today, I hung a sign in my office, it says,   (get ready)

SCATTER JOY...

Surely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails