Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just Ordinary...


 Been thinking, heard a phrase,
"Ordinary You, Extraordinary God".

1 Samuel 16:7

"But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

I feel ordinary, do you?  I feel extra - ordinary, not "extraordinary".  Get it?
If you admit it,  Everyone is ordinary.  Life is ordinary.  Work is ordinary.  Even the word "ordinary" is ordinary.  You know even if you do feel "extra ordinary", doesn't that become ordinary?

Everything about God is extraordinary.  Look at Creation.  Look at each other.  Look how different we all are.   How sad would it be if we were all alike.  God's extraordinariness gives me Hope.  God has  prepared a place  for us that our minds cannot imagine.  Now think on that one!  

Getting back to the verse.  So, in my "ordinariness", I can be thankful that God sees what is in my heart rather than my appearance.  Don't even get me started on my appearance.  I am sure we all can name a few things we would change, right?  BUT,  What does God see when he looks at my heart?

That is one I will think on... I want God to see an extraordinary heart... because an Extraordinary God has changed me.  I serve an Extraordinary God.  One God, One Lord of All.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails