Sunday, November 6, 2011

It's not IF, it's WHEN...

We are studying James right now in Sunday School.  I have pondered on these thoughts today, 
James 1:2-3 
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

In talking about trials, Jim quoted "It's not IF, it's WHEN"... of course, my mind went immediately to termites, yes termites.  That is what I tell clients, "it's not if, it's when"....I know, I know, I just got you completely off the subject, but I am still human, real estate does take over part of my personality.... to say the least... :)
Anyway, God did not say maybe, he said "whenever"  which means when, which means, trials are going to come into your life, (surely-no doubt).  I am in the midst of a trial right now.  So if I truly believe in God's Holy Word, then I surely know that my faith is being tested and that I AM going to develop perseverance. I often tell others, God's grace is sufficient for each day.  I can truly testify to his sufficiency.  He is sufficient TODAY, in the present, in the moment, right now, right this very minute!  Why do I worry?  Live Today, don't doubt tomorrow, don't relive the past, just today!  Trials bring us closer to God, temptations take us away from God.  Which do I want?  I will take trials, hands up!
Okay, a little humor, "it's not IF, it's WHEN"!  I am ready for some turkey!  Sick humor, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails