Sunday, November 20, 2011

Date Loaf Candy...


I love to bake this time of year...you may see more sweets posted!
Date Loaf Candy is a family Tradition

1 cup white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup evaporated milk,
Combine in saucepan, cook over medium heat till candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees.  Don't let the thermometer skare you, this is so easy!

Remove from heat and add 1 cup chopped pecans, and 1 cup of chopped dates.  ( I use the Dole dates, already chopped, resealable bag).

Stir, stir, stir, I wait till it thickens just a tad, then I use a cookie scoop and spoon onto big trays lined with parchment paper.  Let cool, and then transfer to a cookie tin.  This candy is devine, even more devine with coffee!  Oh my, I must go grab a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails