Thursday, October 20, 2011

Potato Soup...



Potato Soup

Small chopped onion
1 celery stalk
1 T soft butter
Saute the three ingredients in a medium saucepan for a couple of minutes.  Add  one chopped medium potato and water to cover potatoes.  Bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer on stove for approx 20 minutes or until tender.   Gently mash.  Add 2 cups milk ( I use 2%), 2 T cornstarch mixed with a little milk to blend, salt and pepper to taste.  I also put in 2 slices of 2%  American cheese if I have it on hand.  Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring often.  I put on low heat after it thickens.
Ladle into bowls and add cheddar cheese and bacon bits.  Oh my, it is good for the soul!  and my cold!

I usually have all of these ingredients on hand and this is so quick and simple.  I also add a few carrots with the celery and onion if I have it!  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails