Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bump...



I Thessalonians 5:18

"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"


This is one of my all time favorite verses. I was listening to the radio this morning, and the preacher's analogy was, "if you have a glass of coke, and someone bump's you, what spills out? coke, right... " Well, in life, if I am bumped, what spills out of me? Does a thankful heart spill out, does bitterness spill out, does arrogance spill out, you get the picture. It is easy to be thankful when the sun is shining like today, it is easy to be thankful when my family is well and happy. But what about circumstances that no one knows, family problems, friends that have very ill parents and family, loss of jobs, divorce, death, I deal with alot of these everyday in my job. I hope that I can ponder on this verse, and remember that most importantly, God tells us in his word to be thankful in everything. One thing I do know, when life does bump me, there is always something at the same time to be thankful for. I have witnessed it myself. Life is like a train track, life is not always bad, there is good and bad at the same time. Thank you God for your word to me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails