Monday, April 4, 2011

Live in Awe...


After my post last night, being quiet, pondering and listening to what God has for me, these were my thoughts in my devotion this morning. Mind you, I read several devotion books each morning, then I have a plan of reading Psalm, Proverbs, Genesis, Daniel, and Matthew. I started out and could not believe all that I was reading, so I started writing notes on "Evernote" on my iPhone - so here goes:


Proverbs 14:8 "The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way." The prayer at the end of this devotional is,"Lord I need to know that you are my foundation and my life is being built according to your blueprint. Give me discernment to know your ways and purposes. "

Zechariah 2:13 "Be still before the Lord"

II Chronicles 16: 9 "God is looking for those who are seeking him."

Psalm 23: 2-3 "He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me besides quiet waters, he restores my soul."

Psalm 64: 9 "All mankind will fear, they will proclaim the works of God and ponder what he has done."

Proverbs 4:27 "Do not swerve to the right or to the left keep your foot from evil."

Daniel 8: 27 "I Daniel was exhausted and lay ill for several days then I got up and went about the kings business. I was appalled by the vision. It was beyond understanding." This was Daniels dream about the distant future. God will win the war, everyone will acknowlege Him.

Matt 10: 28 "What I tell you in the dark speak in the daylight. What is whispered in your ear proclaim from the roofs."

And finally, Sunday morning, I looked and looked for this passage. I could not find it, and OMG, this morning, this chapter in Matthew was my chapter to read,

When I was 14 years old, this is the verse that brought me to Jesus.

Matt 10: 32 "Whoever acknowledges me before men I will also acknowledge him before my father in heaven, but whoever disowns me before men I will disown him before my father in heaven."


Is it not powerful, how you can read God's word, and no explanation is needed. I stand in awe of our Sovereign Lord. Surely,


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails