Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Straight Paths...


Proverbs 3: 5-6

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Well I suppose this is the verse for me. Last night on Facebook I did one of those stupid quizzes that I never do, but it was about the bible, soooo I took the quiz. This was my verse that described me, and then this morning, I was reading a devotional and "bam", it was this verse again. You know I am a type "A" personality and I like order, organization and a plan, but look at the second part of this verse, "lean not on your own understanding". Hmmmm, guess I need to re-think my day and TRUST the Lord with all my heart... The writer of the devotional talked about how we get from Plan A to Plan B, trusting in God is the most direct route and when our faith falters we may choose a twisted path, eventually getting us to the destination, but with a loss of time and energy. As for me today, I will repeatedly say " I trust you Jesus"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails