Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stop, Drop and Roll...

You know this is what I taught Lauren as a child concerning fires...Stop, Drop and Roll... last night when I went to bed, I was thinking about how I need to just stop, and search for God each day in everything I do and everywhere I go. It brought to my mind this saying, Stop, Drop and Roll. I am a person that loves, word or number associations, so to remind me each day, I have put this little saying to what I want it to mean, :)
Stop- Slow down, be still, search-SEEK each day, in the big or little things for God...
Drop-Pray,whether you are on your knees or praying all day in spurts...
Roll- Wait patiently, do not worry... God in is in Control of this Universe, not me...
Strangely enough, when I was reading my devotion this morning, this verse was the focal point. I do not believe in coincidences:
Psalms 37:7
"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails