Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Contentment- Yes

Content------right......
Today, during my quiet time, these verses really spoke to me, and maybe they will to you also. I wrote them down today in my day timer, so that I could look back and reflect on them. I know a lot of us are having challenging times, whether it be our jobs, family or an illness. If there is anything I "want" - it would be "contentment" in all situations.


Philippians 4:12-13 (New International Version)

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


Verse 13 does not say, I can do anything, it says, "I can do EVERYTHING, through him who gives me strength". That is just AWESOME! I love you Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Lorri - thanks for sharing the thoughts the Lord puts in your heart! What a blessing you are to me...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails