Friday, September 20, 2013

No coincidence...

 
I saw a friend at church this week... She came and hugged me, thanking me for a note I had sent her after her mother passed away.  She told me the verses I sent, happened to be the entire focal point of her mother's memorial.  OMG, I was blown away, once again, by God.  To be honest, it had slipped my mind, of the verses, that I had mailed to her, so I had to really think...... and I do remember.  I was reading the book of Lamentations.  How do you forget reading Lamentations, it is a small book in the Bible, and yet, when you read through the Bible, it takes a little time to get to Lamentations considering its' location in the Bible.  Can you believe God's timing?   My friend's words to me, were ...  God's grace is sufficient.   Tears in her eyes,  she confidently told me not once but twice...God's grace is sufficient.  Another confession,  as I wrote the note to her and mailed the note, I thought to myself, will these verses even make sense to her....  it seems, alot of times, I write and mail wondering if what I am trying to say, conveys to the person .... well, I guess God showed me, huh?
God's word speaks, God's word is living.  I am just the vessel.  Surely,


Lamentations 3:22-25
 
"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;"
22 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails