Thursday, March 8, 2012

Resurrection Eggs...

Resurrection Eggs, Easter story.
I guess I could have made them, but oh it was so easy to purchase at our
bookstore while I was at church Sunday...

Twelve eggs, each egg has a prize and each prize tells party of the story...


Egg 1 Donkey, Egg 2 Silver Coins, Egg 3 Cup, Egg 4 Praying Hands, Egg 5 Leather Whip, Egg 6 Crown of Thorns,
Egg 7 Cross, Egg 8 Dice, Egg 9 Spear, Egg 10 Linen Cloth, Egg 11 Stone, Egg 12 Empy Tomb

The little toot can already tell me the story, he holds the booklet and turns the pages, and I now get to open each egg.  You normally would open 1 egg a day, but since this is the grandchild, we do it all at once.  I am hoping that this can be a tradition for us, kind of like "Chippey the Elf", at Christmas.  Story goes as,  my short version for Layton, he doesn't understand, but I am planting seeds, right? :)

Jesus rode into the city as a King on a donkey,  Judas was paid silver coins to betray Jesus,  Jesus let all his friends drink blood from the cup ( he is so funny on this one, try explaining, blood for Jesus' promise/his body), Jesus and his friends prayed because Jesus knew he was going to die, Jesus was whipped on the back and he bled for doing no wrong, a Crown of Thorns was placed his head and it hurt, Jesus died on the cross-Layton can tell you where the nails went in on the cross,  people played mean games with dice for Jesus' clothes, Jesus was dead and they put a spear in his side to make sure, Jesus body was wrapped in a linen cloth and placed in a tomb, the Stone was placed in front of the tomb (no they didn't throw the stone at cars), It's empty, He's Alive...He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!

I uploaded a video of Layton and me on YouTube.  (tried to video without him knowing)
Click below,

http://youtu.be/Z1E-UBhC8GA






We laid back in the chair and took these pics... iphone pics aren't the best, but it captures many moments for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails