Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Quiet...

I Thessalonians 5:11-12


"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."

Quiet life... I love my quiet life.  I love my business, I love being busy.  I love that I can help others and in return help support and care for the needs of my own family.  While away last week on business, I became a little "uneasy"... Uneasy in the sense, that being away from my sheltered, quiet life, my family, my church, my office,  I realized that there is a bigger world out there, a world that does not see or believe in Jesus as I do.  I kept quiet on several issues, even pondered on a few questions, and   differences in  faith... and in reading these verses above, just maybe, maybe the way I conduct my business, will win the respect of others and that they will  be able to see that I love Jesus.  Not loving Jesus, by always saying it, but living it.  Big difference! 

As I read along in II Thessalonians 3:13,
"and as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right"

I posted a status today on Facebook ( I am sure Facebook would not be considered a "quiet life", lol),
the status was,
"Test everything.  Hold on to the good.  Avoid every kind of evil".  I Thess 5:21

I was tested today.  I am not sure the test was evil, but I don't think it could be good.  I tested it by my response.  I will later see the results. I know I stood the test!

Like my daddy tells me and I want Lauren to learn, "do what is right, till the stars fall from the Heavens, do the right thing".  People are watching... they are watching not only on Sundays but everyday of the week. 

PS  I think I rambled on, but oh well,  it's my blog...what can I say? :)
Surely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails