Friday, December 30, 2011

Consumed...


This gift was brought to me by Donna, my mentor, my friend, my family, and she is so precious to me.
When Donna walked in my office today, she came in with a pink bag and shut my door.  I thought to  myself, oh no, get ready, this is probably going to be a tear jerker, and it was.  When I opened the package I found "consumed".  I left "consumed" on my desk so that I can look at her each day.  Below is why the artist named this piece "consumed".

Consumed portrays a woman longing to be wholly given over to God. Based on Scripture from Song of Solomon 2:10: My beloved spake and said unto me, "Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away ";
You know art speaks to you.  It speaks to everyone differently.  Donna told me that when she saw this  piece, she knew she should buy it for me.  I cannot think of any other gift that means more to me than this gift.  Donna has seen me at my lowest and she knows that God is transforming me day by day.  Never will I be perfect, but my prayer each day is to be closer to God and his will for my life.  I pray that my light will shine for Him.  As I look at "consumed", I see her opening her life, her heart and her being to her maker!  If you have read my early post, you know that I am convinced and I am consumed.

Thank you  Donna, I think you know how much this means to me!
I love you, and I cherish your friendship!
Below is the artist' comments,
"She looks totally consumed" commented a friend as she looked at this new piece. As soon as I heard that word, consumed, I knew that was the word the Lord wanted to use as a name for this piece.i

As I searched the scriptures, being consumed seemed a bad thing, a scary thing. But I found that in Hebrew 'consumed' also meant 'finish, complete, perfect.' I turned this over and over in my mind what was the Lord telling me? As I walked in the rain one morning He whispered 'We have a marriage in name only. It has not been consummated.' I was stricken as I felt the piercing of the two edged sword, slicing quickly through to the heart of me. And I knew for all my passionate declarations of love and faith in Jesus, for all my genuine belief in Him, I had not been consumed - not entirely, only bits of me, large bits to be sure, but still, only part. So as I struggle with my own fears of intimacy with the living God, I will tell you this for sure, the Lord s calling you and me, His bride, to be consumed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails