Monday, February 1, 2010

Mind your own...


This was the verse before me today!

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12


"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody."



I have to laugh somewhat when I read this verse. I am like, I KNOW GOD, I am trying to lead a quiet (self controlled) life, I am trying to earn my keep, but OMG, so many obstacles, I need some help here. But, seriously, I think if we all would abide by this verse, take care of ourselves and not expect others to do so, that our world would be a better place.



On another note, maybe our government should put this verse with all of its' handouts, stimulus packages, food stamps, etc...just thinkin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails