Friday, November 30, 2012

Vastness...



http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+38-39&version=NIV1984

I am in Awe today!
I started my day reading Job 38-39.  Take 5 minutes and click on the link above.  My prayer has been to slow down, give God the credit first and then handle everything else.  Gosh life gets so busy.
I have been in constant thought about God stooping down to see the Heavens and the Earth, a passage I read in Psalms this week. (Psalm 113:6).  My thought originated last Sunday when hearing about how large the Sun is related to the Earth.  We have no comprehension of how vast the universe actually is.  According to Ask a NASA Scientist, Did you know that Sun's diameter is about 100 times that of the Earth? So, you'd have to line up 100 Earth's end-to-end to stretch across the face of the sun. And, second, it would take a million Earths to fill up the Sun.  and the Sun is not the largest object in the universe.  And guess what?  How would man even know what is the largest?  So, visualize God, stooping down to look on the Heavens and the Earth.  Imagine that?
Well, if that boggles your mind, then read Job 38 & 39.  My mind has been on, the Creator of the Universe, walking in the recesses of the deep. Oh my!  I am just amazed and thankful that the Creator knows me and every detail of my life.  To him, I praise.  Not only did Job get to me today, but Psalm 115:16-18,
"The highest heavens belong to the Lord,
but the earth he has given to mankind.
17 It is not the dead who praise the Lord,
those who go down to the place of silence;
18 it is we who extol the Lord,
both now and forevermore."

God has thumped me all week!  Surely, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails