Saturday, February 4, 2012

Courage, As for me and my House, We WILL serve the Lord...

We watched this movie tonight.  How this reminds me of my father!  He taught me to love the Lord my God with all my heart, and that is all that matters.  Do Right, no matter what, do right, till the stars fall out of the Heavens...
I have messed up so many times with my child.  I pray that I can read the "resolution" below and go forward to teach her and Layton.  I suppose with adult children, you lead by example.  What a responsiblity we have as parents. 
Loved the movie, cried most of the time!



The Resolution Message:
"I do solemnly resolve before God to take full responsibility for myself, my wife, and my children.
 I WILL love them, protect them, serve them, and teach them the Word of God as the spiritual leader of my home.
 I WILL be faithful to my wife, to love and honor her, and be willing to lay down my life for her as Jesus Christ did for me.
 I WILL bless my children and teach them to love God with all of their hearts, all of their minds, and all of their strength.
I WILL train them to honor authority and live responsibly.
I WILL confront evil, pursue justice, and love mercy.
I WILL pray for others and treat them with kindness, respect, and compassion.
I WILL work diligently to provide for the needs of my family.
I WILL forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.
I WILL learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins, and walk with integrity as a man answerable to God.
I WILL seek to honor God, be faithful to His church, obey His Word, and do His will.
I WILL courageously work with the strength God provides to fulfill this resolution for the rest of my life and for His glory.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. ---Joshua 24:15"

Surely,

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am actually very interested in one thing, of course if I'm not asking too much could you please tell us the place where you spent your childhood?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails