Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Spiritual Gift..


I just looked down at my calendar on my desk at home, it reads:

"Your spiritual strength comes as a gift from God."


Hebrews 13:9

I have come across this verse two different times today, so I think I should take note, huh?

"It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace," Hebrews 13:9

Grace, meaning, something I receive that I do not deserve. My paraphrase, It is GOOD, meaning ~desirable, with favor, for my heart to be strengthened from a gift that has been given to me from God. But wait, read on in Hebrews, see verse 15 and 16...

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.

And do not forget to do good
and to share with others,
for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

I "so" want to please God and confess his name. I truly believe in the face of hard times, that God does give me strength and it is a gift from only Him. I believe I am called to help others, and by having God's gift to strengthen me, I can. I will continue to praise him --- no matter what---.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails