Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just enough for Today...

I am reading through Exodus now. Amazing...The Israelites were brought out of Egypt and wandered in the desert for 40 years, and ate manna everyday. By the way, there were 600,000 men on foot, not counting women, children, and others, along with their animals. The above picture is coriander seed. This is what manna looked like. They were to gather an "omer", which is about 2 quarts per person per day. Exodus 16:31 "The people of Israel called the bread manna. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey." Can you imagine eating this for "40" years. I just imagine they became creative. I am just fascinated.
Exodus 16:4
"Then the LORD said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions."
We can all learn from this.....God gives us "just enough" for Today. If the Israelites gathered too much it became spoiled. They were not suppose to worry about tomorrow. Ponder this, Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Lorri! Just enough for today - I so need to remember this. LV

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails